Salary: $15.00 to $19.00 /hour
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The principal duty of a Security Guard / Loss Prevention Investigator (LPI) is preventing and/or deterring thefts from taking place in a retail environment. Whether they are in the security office or undercover on the sales floor, these investigators must keep an eye out for shoplifters who are concealing merchandise on their person, switching price tags or otherwise attempting to commit theft and/or fraud from a retail store.
Loss Prevention Investigators inevitably must deal with people — both company personnel and guests or customers. This requires strong interpersonal skills, particularly when the Loss Prevention Investigator is called upon to deal with an offender in a firm but fair manner. Investigators must avoid any appearance of profiling or bias when making accusations, which demands both integrity and diplomacy. When they do find evidence of wrongdoing, they must fill out paperwork property and interact with local law enforcement officers.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
Some responsibilities you will have in your role as a Store Investigator include:
- Conduct observations for alert signals
- Apprehend shoplifters
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Prevent and deter external theft
- Prevent and deter external fraud
- Write detailed reports to document theft cases, recoveries and incidents of civil recovery
- Secure and maintain evidence and reports
- Testify in court against individuals referred for prosecution
Job Type: Full-time and Part-time